Searching for a new home? Be part of the boom in Ellesmere Port
A new home is the single largest purchase most of us are ever likely to make.
Choosing the right property, in the right location – and of course at the right price – is key if you want to be sure you’ve made a sound investment.
If you’ve already bought a home in Ellesmere Port – congratulations! Average values have increased over the past three years by 7%.
But if you’re looking to move to an area with a booming economy, where jobs are plentiful and homes are superb value for money, then you’re certainly looking in the right place.
House prices, jobs, and new businesses are all on the up in Ellesmere Port. And with £2.8 billion of forecast investment heading to the town, the future is looking very bright indeed.
Here are just a few of the key figures that prove the Port’s the Place to invest in a new home.
- £1.2 billion of new investment has been secured to date to develop the town and over £2.8 billion of total investment is anticipated – that means better schools, community facilities, transport and housing to name but a few.
- 2,400 more jobs created – an increase of almost 10% between 2009 and 2014, which was more than twice the national rate. So if you’re in search of work, there are plenty of great options.
- 315 more businesses in the town – up 30% between 2010 and 2015 – almost twice the increase seen across the North West. That’s brilliant news if you live here as it means more shops, services and jobs.
- 53% reduction in people claiming unemployment benefits between 2013 and 2017.
- 2,150 new homes planned – so even more great properties to choose from, and all of them brand new.
- House prices up 3% (2017) on the year before and 7% up on 2014* – a great sign that you’re making a solid investment, yet homes in Ellesmere Port are still among the best value for money in the area.
Economic statistics from an independent report by Amion Consulting on behalf of Ellesmere Port Development Board
* House price figures from the Land Registry.