We will work to make sure that you make the most from being based in the Ellesmere Port area.
10th November 2020 - Businesses across Cheshire West and Chester having to close due to COVID-19 restrictions are now being... read more
8th September 2020 - Climate Emergency Fund - As part of the Council's response to declaring a Climate Emergency in... read more
8th September 2020 - The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high quality 6-month... read more
8th September 2020 - It’s not easy starting a business, but Start-Up Club is here to help. Cheshire West and... read more
BIS Oulton Park Event – Networking Event Friday 6 June, 13:00 – 16:30
30 May 2014 – The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and LDC, in association with Cheshire West and Chester Council and the Connecting Cheshire Superfast Business programme, would be delighted if you can join us at Oulton Park Circuit in Cheshire for a networking event for growing businesses on Friday 6 June, 13:00 – 16:30.
The afternoon is an opportunity to network with your peers and hear from a variety of speakers on overcoming challenges and growing your business – including access to finance, skills & training, marketing, and innovation & intellectual property.
You will also have the opportunity to meet with representatives from the National Apprenticeship Service (NAS), Cheshire & Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership, the Intellectual Property Office (IPO), GrowthAccelerator, Access to Finance, and the Manufacturing Advisory Service (mas).
I look forward to welcoming you to this special venue for what we hope will be a most enjoyable afternoon. Register here
13:00 networking lunch
Followed by speakers:
- Introduction from Mike Jones, Leader of Cheshire West and Chester Council
- Andrew Graham, CEO of Graham and Brown, on deploying an export strategy
- Tim McCloud, Creative Director at TMC Creative, on harnessing digital and social marketing for business growth
- Andrew Reith, Business Engagement Manager at the Intellectual Property Office, on innovation and protecting IP
- Dan Beresford, Managing Director of Heat Trace (two times Queen’s Awards for Enterprise winner), on skills and training
- Alan James Gow, Series Director of the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC), on growing your business
- Visit the Quantel Bifold Racing Team, Q&A with Race Driver Marc Hynes and photo opportunity with the MG6 Race Car
Delegates will also have the opportunity to win tickets for the weekend British Touring Car Championship race at Oulton Park on Sunday 8 June.